Chef Alex Feher brings custom recipes to passengers on the 7th Continent
®, the leader in polar adventures, announces InterContinental® Hotels Group Executive Chef, Alexander “Alex” Feher, will be joining Quark’s January 14, 2014 Antarctic Explorer: Discovering the 7th Continent voyage aboard the Sea Spirit.
Chef Feher was born in Belgrade, attended culinary school in Stuttgart, Germany, and has a Masters Degree in Culinary Skills. Chef Feher has worked at several InterContinental® properties around the world, such as Frankfurt, Beirut, Dubai, and Tehran, and is committed to using only local, sustainable and seasonal ingredients. Chef Feher has been part of the InterContinental® family for 40 years and is currently based at the InterContinental® Miami.
Chef Feher has received numerous awards and honors, including:
- Olympic Gold Medal in Culinary Skill (1976)
- Chef of the Americas Award for American Harvest Competition (1993)
- Chef of the Year Award, New York Tri-State Area (1995 and 1999)
- Executive Chef of the Year for InterContinental® Hotels and Resorts’ Best of the Best (2013)
- Member of the Chaine des Rotisseurs and Vartel Club of New York
Hans Lagerweij, president of Quark Expeditions, said; “Having an internationally recognised expert in the culinary arts onboard our luxury ship is a huge coup not only for Quark, but for our passengers. Chef Feher will not only design specific menus for several meals onboard the voyage, but will also hold cooking demonstrations for our guests.”
For more information visit www.quarkexpeditions.com or call 0808 120 2333